Fashion trends will come and go and so are ripped jeans. Ripped jeans allways seem to make their way back into the fashion scene and people are loving it. Everybody can rock them. With its edgy, rock chick feel, these jeans have been spotted on edgy celebs but also on the more sophisticated ones.
Peaches Geldhof - Taylor Momsen - Rihanna
Ripped jeans can easlily be made. If you have an old pair of jeans in your closet you can pimp it up and update your look.
1. Do some research. Look online and in fashion magazines for the best-looking rips.
2. Most jean companies seem to place them in areas that you wouldn't naturally tear.
3. Decide upon the jeans. Use old or new. Try jeans from a thrift shop for practice.
4. Decide upon the size of the rip. It may enlarge each time you wash your jeans.
5. Decide upon the shape of the rip. You may wish to extend a rip in several different directions.
6. Decide which techniques to use. You may wish to let the fabric become thin on its own. A few techniques, to begin the process, may be all that's needed.
7. Gather your jeans, coarse sandpaper, pumice stone, wood file, grater, utility knife, scissors and a small, flat block of wood.
8. Draw a cutting line or pattern on your jeans with a pencil.
9. Place a block of wood inside the pant leg beneath the area.
10. Rub and scrape the fabric in several different directions. Use sandpaper, a pumice stone, wood file and grater. These will fray the fabric.
11. Loosen fibers by scraping with the blade of a utility knife.
12. Using the scissors, cut a hole through the loosened fibers.
13. Retain all of the loose fibers. They will progressively fray each time you wash your jeans. Use a dryer for fluffier fray.
14. Wear colored nylons or stockings beneath your ripped jeans. (... or don't)
Fashion Trend: Purple Reign!!
Fashion Trend: Leather Biker Jackets
Fashion Trend: Military Jacket