Dec 17, 2008

Kan-I Moment: Alicia Keys


Alicia Keys is a famous R&B singer that got her breakthrough in 2001. Keys never thought all this success was possible. Her busy lifestyle and the death of a family member pushed her very close to a breaking point. Keys needed some time for herself and she decided to head to Egypt for a month. There she had some time to think and to reevaluate her life.

Her time in Egypt was also a source of inspiration for her latest album ‘As I Am’. "I knew I needed time away, so I went to Egypt for a month -- on my own, which gave it a whole different perspective," she told Reuters in an interview."It allowed me to see things I'd never seen before -- all the temples on the Nile, the Pyramids, the history. It was so rich and beautiful and strong, and it inspired me so much, and renewed me." Alicia Keys troubled times made her stronger and lead her to big success. "I've come more into my own, and really, with experience comes confidence and a little bit more of awareness of how I would like to do it, having learned from the past."

Check out how to Get her Look

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails